In 1934, the church in Javorca was renovated for the first time by Italian military units.

At that time, these units were building fortifications on the Polog Mountain pasture within the framework of the project of fortification of the so called Rapal border between the Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of SHS.

archives of Tolmin Museum   photo Damjana Fortunat Černilogar


The Italian restoration is recorded on the memorial plaque with the Latin inscription

Ultra cineres hostium ira non superest/ A.XII.E.F.
(Hatred should not be pursued beyond the grave, 12th year of the Fascist era).